Acupuncture and Related Therapies
Virginia E. Mills - I originally learned about Chinese culture at Eisenhower College in the early 1970's. I also learned about nutrition and started eating healthier. In the 1980's, I was a full-time mother and gradually learned about holistic therapies. I started practicing Tai Chi and Qi Gong in 1991. In the 1990's I worked as a Home Health Aide and a Hospice Volunteer. I attended Tri-State College of Acupuncture and graduated with a Masters of Science in Acupuncture in 2002. (This included observation and practice at Shu Guang Hospital in Shanghai, China in August 2001). I became licensed to practice acupuncture in New York in 2002 and in New Jersey in 2003. In 2008, I was certified in Esogetic Colorpuncture. Over the years I have studied nutrition and herbs for personal use. I continue to explore various aspects of Taoism - the classical teachings of Oriental Medicine.
My practice has evolved over the years to include teachings from the various courses I have taken to maintain my licensure at the state and national level:
* Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient (Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center)
* Acutonics - Healing With Sound; Level I: Sound Gates to Meridian Harmonics
* Healing Touch; Level I
* Universal Tao Center: Taoist Astrology and Qi Gong; Tai Chi Chi Kung;
Chi Nei Tsang - Level 1 (abdominal massage);
Tao Energy Basics: Awaken Healing Light
* Esogetic Colorpuncture;(according to Peter Mandel of Germany) Professional
Certification Course; Cosmetic Colorpuncture; Chronic Pain;
* Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal (as created by Mary Elizabeth Wakefield,
L. Ac., M.S., M.M. of Chi Akra Center)
* Healing With Food; Dietary Therapy
* Acupuncture Ophthalmology 1; 2; treating eye diseases
* Tai Chi Chih - (as created by Justin Stone) - preparing for certification
* The Integrative Approach to Diagnosing and Treating Crohn's Disease
* Autism and Attention Disorders
* Auriculotherapy - Professional Certification Course - Ear Seeds Academy
Diagnosing and treating the body with points on the ears.
* Essential Oils for Mental and Emotional Disorders
* Xiao Dao training - Accessing the energy of certain acupuncture points,
following the natural order, and connecting to the universal consciousness.
See Treatment Page for additional information